Search for atmospheres
In the cab of the 1110
Steam Locomotive Cab
It's you and your friend who give life to the huffing iron 4-8-4 rushing down the rails, miles until your next destination. It is a chilly night with no clouds and a gibbous moon, but its warm inside by the heat of the firebox, opening and closing its fiery maw to receive a shovel of fuel. Steam hisses and sputters, escaping from valves; gauges and indicators twitch from the immense pressure of steam. Poking your head out the window shows the light of the headlamp falling on the oncoming dark landscape sixty feet ahead, and a look to the back reveals the tender and the bright line of the car windows. You return your head to the warm flickering glow of the cab and close the window slightly, barring the cool 70 mph air outside. You know many of the passengers will be turning in soon, but you and your friend need to keep the engine alive till morning. Maybe you will find time for a short nap at least...
Comments for "Steam Locomotive Cab"
License details for "Steam Locomotive Cab"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Rusty oven door by Darth_Biomech from http://freesound.org +)
- Train Whistle by eliasheuninck from freesound.org +)
- Engine 01 by Fox Forrester +)
- Steam by freesound.org +)
- train wheels by funsoundtube +)
- steam-s1 by https://freesound.org +)
- Steam burst by Sorry, can't remember +)
- Brasier by universal-soundbank +)